sunnuntai 13. maaliskuuta 2011

The meaning of life is finding your own way of rebelling

Time for a new blogpost!

This weekend has been absolutely exhausting for me, but nevertheless I've had a wonderful time. Friday my good friend had her sweet 17 party and it was quite... wild, to say the least. Although I'm boring and don't usually drink :P
Actually, I'm not at all the partying type. I don't dance, I don't know the songs played in most parties and I don't like drinking. It's weird, if I'm on the stage or out to see a gig, I can go complitely crazy and jump around and look ridiculous and not care at all. I think it comes mostly from my "punk" backround, from the time I was absolutely crazy about punk bands and the lifestyle and the atmosphere. The attitude and the scent of anarchy, you know, just doing what feels right and not giving a shit about what anybody else thinks. Dancing and jumping like an idiot. The music! Actually, it's not about the music the way it's about freedom.

But a party... A typical teenage party... The songs played there, they give me nothing. I just feel like a complete idiot. Everybody else dances and looks gorgeous and I'm a huge stupid fucking whale who doesn't fit in. But not to make this too angsty, I don't actually care. I can sit in the corner and watch everybody else dance and do stupid things they'll regret in the morning. I can laugh at them and drink lemonade and write songlyrics into my mobile phone's 'drafts' file. And I can chat with people. For there's always somebody else who's that way too, so at least I have company. And I can manage to have fun anway. What I do like about parties is that I get to meet new people!

Nevertheless, I left my friend's and her flatmate's place sometime after midnight and didn't get home until 2 am. Not that bad, but the next day I had to go to Tampere to make a document for school's film course with my schoolmate. And I had to wake up at 7am o.O
But it was alright, and actually I had a wonderful time! It was Tampere film festival week and we got to see some wonderful films. I especially liked the animations directed by Jonas Odell. He's also directed music videos for e.g. Franz Ferdinand, U2 and The Rolling Stones! Google him if you want to find out more.

 http://www.tamperefilmfestival.fi/site/

Again I came home about 2 am. And forgot to take any pictures, sorry about that.

So anyway, I'm a bit tired now xD

About music: Last week my friend Kai shot a few video clips of me playing one of my songs, but at the moment I'm too shy to put them up on youtube. Maybe later, if I manage to gather up the courage. :P

Last Tuesday I went out in the morning and took some pictures. It's quite wonderfully unsightly out there at the moment.






A big yay and applause for my non-existing photography skills!

Until next time! Peace & Love <3
- Evan

P.S. A song I'm listening to at repeat at the moment. Amanda Palmer's lyrics and performances never cease to amaze me! Just listen to her when she sings the ending... Gives me shivers every time I hear it.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti